October 07, 2013

How I am a growing tower of goodness and strength...

Take a deep breath and get ready to dive into this week!

Good Monday morning to you dear readers! It is a warm rainy day here in Rhode Island but in my heart the sun is shining bright! I have my Aeroponic Tower Garden outside on the deck so I hope it is enjoying the combination of hydration and sun today so I can get my first crop of pesticide free produce ready to eat in a couple weeks. Hopefully the warm weather holds up so the plants survive October before I move the tower garden indoors and attempt to grow my own non-GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) vegetables this winter. Bear with me through the Aeroponic description so you can get to my point about personal growth today!
If you are not familiar with Aeroponics you may want to check out the latest and greatest way to grow your own food-- after you finish reading of course (this is in my humble opinion & I admit I am new to cultivating so don't take my word for it. Do consider checking it out yourself my fine food lovers).The easiest way to learn more is by looking at the information here: akorteshares.towergarden.com. Just as a FYI here's a blurb about what Aeroponic growing is from my friends at Tower Garden, by Juice Plus+:
photo copyright ©2012 NSA Juice Plus+®. 
Aeroponics is the process of growing plants in an air or mist environment without the use of soil. It uses both water and air to produce more colorful, better tasting, better smelling, and incredibly nutritious fruits and vegetables... It is the most effective and efficient way to provide plants with the necessary nutrients, hydration, and oxygen".(https://akorteshares.towergarden.com/what-is-tower-garden/how-it-works/aeroponics.Juice Plus+, JuicePlus.com, Tower Garden, & TowerGarden.com are registered trademarks of NSA)

So I mention this not as a sales pitch   (though they are amazing!) so much as a metaphor for myself this Monday October 7th. I was telling one of my brother's friends last night about how I was nervous and excited about moving my Tower indoors into my new apartment. That will be after this round of produce is fully grown and taken "from tower to table" as we say for my first meal with homegrown lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and much more in the next couple of weeks. 

I am no gardener I admit - I am embarrassed to tell you that despite 3 summers as a camp counselor, years spent on docks and in boathouses as a rower, and my now living close to Audubon land... I am quite uncomfortable with bugs. Well actually I am terrified of spiders - I get as upset about those creepy crawlies being around as I do by ticks- those are actually something I have good, no great, reason to fear since I am now in my 12th year of battling Lyme disease. The point is, I barely have to deal with bugs while growing my TG (Tower Garden) - or so far so good I should say. No worms? Works for me! And no digging in the dirt or time spent outdoors with allergens, in all sorts of weather, in order to produce fresh fantastic fruit & veggies at home. That was a huge reason I finally decided to start growing my food instead of standing on the sidelines enamored by friends who bragged about their gardens. 

(Image http://earthhomewares.com.au/plant-smiles-grow-laughter-harvest-love-block-mounted-
inspirational-message-board at http://earthhomewares.com.au/images/detailed/3/
MBST8828PlantSmiles.jpg&w=216&h=288&ei=ZOlSUsKxOMPsyQHIxIGACQ&zoom=
1&ved=1t:3588,r:45,s:0,i:225&iact=rc&page=2&tbnh=204&tbnw=158&start=32&ndsp=31&tx=50&ty=78)

Determination, motivation and tenacity. Those arrived on my doorstep more times then I could count this year in all different forms and I did not always let them in. I kept spinning my wheels for the first few months. I was doing what I had done for many years which was approach all this business stuff and my writing from an academic mindset which is not a bad thing I assure you. But if I had stayed that course and tried to do it all on my own instead of listening to my Juice Plus+ team members and training calls and other company Reps to learn all this new stuff I would not be where I am now. There is no question of that. I have battled so long I forgot I have allies! Powerful allies both professionally and personally speaking. It took months for me to recognize this again and then to let myself think like this regularly because I lived in diseased soil for so long. I was stuck trying to get free, find a source of nourishment and inspiration and growth which extended beyond Doctor's offices and medications... I did not know how to live with Lyme without fighting 24/7 and it kept me tethered to this one spot far too long. 

Permission to reprint from http://QueenofYourOwnLife.com
So once I had my Tower Garden epiphany and saw those little plants sprout out of thin air I realized how glad I was to have this amazing little garden growing for my mental health not just as a food source. The night after all the seedlings were started and outside awaiting some sunshine to grow, it poured. Not just rained, but poured almost 2 inches in a few hours only and that little box of seedlings was overflowing and potentially ruined! After all the assembly, excitement, and anticipation. But I went out in that storm and grabbed the seedlings and took them in for cover and decided to keep the faith. Some never sprouted enough to transfer to the tower but over half of them did and are growing now. The day we plugged the pump in so the tower would get the water to shower the roots from the tank at it's base we had no idea the plug was not cooperating. It proceeded to short out numerous times that week so we kept having to flip the switch in the basement on the circuit breaker. My dad said "I don't think we are going to get anything from this" after the rain and then pump issues but I told him we'd proceed and we got it plugged in somewhere else also. And there's new growth again. 

SO THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS: don't limit yourself or your roots to whatever you know best or have always done. If you are battling disease, depression or just daily life remember that means you have to find new ways to nourish your body and soul. You cannot expect to keep doing everything as you did prior to your new problems and predicaments and have the same results you used to. You may need to find crazy, cool and creative ways to grow good health for your mind, body and spirit. And just because you have never done something does not mean you can't learn how and become master of your own destiny. If I can grow a garden without soil and with enormous obstacles so can you - what are you going to plant this day? What do you want to cultivate? How can you grow yourself in new and uplifting ways? Don't just read this - think on it and try to answer the question also. You never know what could help you on the journey towards new growth or what obstacles you can handle until you try!


https://www.facebook.com/Transcend.Politics.Embrace.Humanity/photos_stream

Thanks for hanging in here through a lengthy blog entry and see you tomorrow my friends! I hope you are gaining some new insight and inspiration here at the crossroads Between Health & Wealth Avenues! Also if you are following along so far please take a minute and write some supportive suggestions or comments below. Keep it kind and caring and I'll do the same! I am overwhelmed by the support so far and am apparently reaching readers in 13 countries after less then 1 week which is amazing. Keep coming back and keep on growing good health people! Peace, Audrey


NOTES:
Find out more about Juice Plus+ at akortesharesjuiceplus.com, Tower Garden's at akorteshares.towergarden.com and be sure to visit the ladies over at Queen of your own Life for more inspiration and amazing images. They were kind enough to allow me to use their image today & I find their posts to be a daily source of humor and wisdom! (http://queenofyourownlife.com/

No comments: