February 27, 2014

I think I am hooked....




It feels so good when you had a good day and the next day you wake up happy and ready to have another great day


Hello everyone! Hope you are having a good start to your day! 

I have a confession to make - I have gotten hooked on something and I need to be honest about it. It's the latest and greatest treatment for chronic illness - it's called "Strength" (TM) and I don't know if I can live without it. I don't think I want to actually. I'm hooked - pure and simple. Strength is highly addictive. It's also contagious so if you're not prepared to be strong you should stop reading now. Just being honest. 

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” - Arnold Schwarzenegger





Alrighty you're still here so I guess you think you're ready to try this "Strength" thing after all. Good for you! The way I see it when life hands you lemons, or Lyme as the case may be you have a few options - you've probably tried most of them already.... 

1. You can wallow, weep and wail.

2. You can isolate yourself and hide in fear

3. You can get irate; pissed at the world for your struggle and sickness

4. You can become unemotional, apathetic, and uncaring

5. You can fight, knowing it's going to be the hardest of these options.

We all want to live without pain and fear and the ways we go about attempting to do so are often counterproductive and incredibly destructive. Speaking from experience here - numbing yourself, sleeping through life, distracting yourself with TV and mindless stuff are fine if you have a 48 hr flu not if you are looking at long term or even chronic conditions. This is where our medical system fails us. Sometimes we need to hear the truth: this is going to be the hardest battle of your life! At least it's honest. I'd prefer that to: here's a prescription (or 6 or 7...) to get you through; to ease the pain. If I am not imminently dying I'm not interested in taking that route - not anymore. At the end of the day the disease is still there - you are still suffering and now you are battling side effects and all the added chemicals in your bloodstream from said "medication". I am not advocating everyone go off their meds and start eating tree bark and living on acorns and hoping for healing. I am simply saying when you choose strength over sedation you are choosing life over slow death. So when I say "be strong", it's no simple cliche. I say it with feeling and meaning. 

BE STRONG! FIGHT FOR LIFE! FIGHT FOR A LIFE WORTH LIVING!


So friends today I choose strength. I pray to Go to hold me up on the harder days and in moments of weakness when being strong just seems too hard. I hope to pass on some strength to you and ask for you to be strong FOR me, and WITH me also. 


I think I am hooked on Strength and I am not ashamed to say I need in my life everyday!

As always I wish you a happy, healthy and healing day everyone. Strong is beautiful: Be strong! Much Peace, Audrey





SHE

No comments: