April 17, 2014

a little ray of sunshine




I got a little ray of sunshine a minute ago after a lot of pounding rain and wind and thunder and lighting for days metaphorically speaking. And even though I know there's more to come and the storms are fast moving and ferocious so this isn't over yet I absolutely love the times when you get to pause and the clouds part and the torrential downpour suddenly stops and even though you know it's not over you are just so glad to have a minute without water pouring down your face and the noise of high winds and driving rain and to stop. Even if it's not for long and you're facing a lot more of it soon you can't help but pause when given the chance and to try and use this unexpected moment as efficiently and intelligently as you can... and I am doing just that by reporting this to all of you who are also affected by these storms or are about to be. I hope you are safe and that the storm passes without harm and  know we can survive this my friends. I hope and pray we all survive and know realistically its not likely but that's the point of praying for miracles right? 


And I am grateful for this moment - it feels like when you're out in Kansas in August and it's hot and humid and there's thunderstorms like crazy - sometimes you have the heat and sunshine in the morning and thunder storms in the afternoon and sometimes it's just storm after storm for days and they are devastating. And that's what the last 6 days have been like so right now I am just glad for those moments when the rain lets up and the sun just barely makes it way through the clouds and there's a cool breeze after the heat




It is so wonderful and a little humbling for me that the one time I rant like crazy about corruption and our food system, on my BETWEEN HEALTH & WEALTH AVENUES BLOG instead of using it to talk about Lyme disease and inspire myself and thousands of others to fight for their lives like I usually do I have been rewarded by some of the greatest compliments I've ever received & with a whole bunch of new readers and new members to the face book page I started so I could post anything I wanted to about food, health, corruption, Lyme disease epidemics, and motivational newsworthy events - both powerfully encouraging and horribly true topics that people should know about. And though most of my readers thus far, (I'm guessing) have come from their connections to Lyme/chronic illness pages & online groups, nutrition connections I've made since starting my Juice Plus+ & beginning my own business, the Northfield Mount Hermon School alums and teachers I know from the greatest 4 years ever, or the Episcopal Church generally speaking (including EDS, ECC, Dio of KS, MA & RI, Univ of Kansas Canterbury House/Campus Ministry & Youth Group-ing over the years... just to do a proper shout out to all my liberal Anglicans in the house!), I am now adding more folks from the anti GMO campaigns and organic growing groups including the activists who support and spend significant time fighting GMO's, organizing people, and reporting to us about labeling/banning Monsanto and all the other issues and topics associated with the newest (and dare I say trendiest) invention in a long and difficult history of humans doing things to each other in order to get rich and cover their asses once they become so after doing illegal, inexcusable and insane things to get there in the first place & obviously there are many things in the world that are wrong and deserve our attention and time but I admit I have an affinity for the food fighters of the world now and am excited to have other activists, authors, bloggers, and other creators of online communities who are passionate, hard working and above all dedicated to a cause(s) like I am and have already given some power to the people in a way simply by deciding to create something because it needed and deserved our attention and nobody who used to do this stuff in our country that's so dedicated to free speech is able to now because they have been edited, limited, or retired out of Journalism and the great writers and reporters have very limited means for getting their stuff out into the world now that they aren't backed by their papers, news channels, and big newspapers.


We are all in our own way committed to Journalistic integrity and becoming the NEWS when the news stopped reporting on things that are newsworthy... we don't have the financial backing of networks and news organizations  so there have been hundreds and thousands of online communities created by folks just like me who do the same type of work as myself, and do so without pay despite needing proper income because the economy is tanked and the news isn't getting reported and people need to be informed and start fighting back & I bet most of you agree which is why you're here. 





So I just want to say thank you because it's hard work doing this especially without any training, and without proper resources but I am learning the ropes by doing what I believe in and by seeing what others do and trying to learn how they did it myself and I know A LOT of you run facebook pages, websites and blogs and I know how consuming that can be but when you spend the time creating something for people you have not met but know are out there your biggest fear is that nobody will show up. You'll have the whole meal prepared and the table set and all that stuff but nobody ends up at your dinner table and I just looked around and realized I have people at the table, they are enthusiastically talking and drinking and apparently making space for others to join us and it feels fantastic so I will keep it coming if you keep showing up my friends! And I hope you will bring some friends next time! The more the merrier.








Also though I blog and post and am the voice behind BETWEEN HEALTH & WEALTH AVENUES I don't mind having others help - bring a dessert or something. I don't want to run out of food now if others are going to be joining us & though I think I am a pretty good self taught chef here I don't mind getting a taste of what other people enjoy making so if you think it's a great side dish or dessert to go with this meal then go ahead and make it - I'm sure someone will eat. Meaning I don't mind of some of my regular members and readers start posting articles, motivational pictures, quotes and ideas or have a voice of there own so if you find something in your online perusal that makes you think of Between Health & Wealth Avenue posts or something I blogged about please feel free to share it and be sure to tell the community what you think about it if you want to. 

All I ask is that you don't use the page to post your own advertisements to anything you did not invent, create, write, or start up yourself and when you post a link to your sites or businesses or whatever I expect it to be posted by you because it relates to nutrition, health, Lyme disease, healing and hope and again if you created the page and aren't just dropping a link there and leaving it's alright with me IF the page is relevant to health and wellness, and IF it's a business you created or a product you created or simple social activism pages and sites. But I expect that anyone who gives a link takes my link also. So if you believe it's relevant (say you have an organic farm and you actually read my blog and have an article about organics you want to post along with a link to your website, that would be fine as long as I see you are a member and not using my page only to self promote). So friends let’s pay it forward, pass it on, say please and thank you and above support each other. Let’s go change the world!!



No comments: