November 28, 2013

UPDATE FROM THE FRONTLINE - RIFF RAFF THANKSGIVING FEAST STARTS IN 5 HOURS? ARE YOU READY? AM I?

Gratitude gives us altitude above all earthbound concerns and worries. With unconditional gratitude, we are assured of eternal abundance and growth.

~ Doreen Virtue


Today I am thankful for the opportunity to see old friends and new, family and neighbors & to host my 1st Thanksgiving Meal at my apartment: Riff Raff Thanksgiving - coming at you live from Between Health and Wealth Avenues!


Here's the update readers: SO far I have peeled potatoes, washed dishes, vacuumed, unpacked pots and pans and plates, table clothes and wine glasses. The furniture has been polished and I am about to mop the floor and clean the bathroom, Then I am gonna chop all the veggies for my squash, zucchini, and potato gratin & my friend is doing the butternut squash. 

My brother is bringing asparagus and the neighbors are doing the green bean casserole. We have gluten free stuffing and rolls from a local bakery that I am looking forward to and of course the crowning achievement - the locally raised, free bird (skynrd style!) meaning it actually ran free and is also antibiotic free, GMO free, etc. 

I will have some Turkey today though I am pretty much vegetarian these days because my Lyme responds better to the plant based diets. So no yams, and I never got cranberries to make sauce but we have some pies and wine for later and I think it should be an enjoyable day provided we don't break any more plates, light anything on fire or trip over one of the dogs and land face first in potatoes or pie!

 HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2013 MY FRIENDS!! 


AND HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO ME - CHRONIC LYME SURVIVOR AND SAVANT: NO HOSPITALS, ER'S OR URGENT CARE CENTERS FOR A YEAR AND A DAY. IT'S OFFICIAL - I HAVE CHRONIC LYME BUT I AM MANAGING WHAT I CAN WITH DIET AND NUTRITION AND TAKING BACK PIECES OF MY LIFE BIT BY BIT.




I AM THANKFUL TO JUICE PLUS+ FOR HELPING ME BUILD A HEALTHIER BODY AND BETTER HABITS! I AM GRATEFUL FOR FRIENDS & FAMILY FOR HELPING ME GET THIS FAR, TO MY NEW BLOG FOLLOWERS AND SUPPORTERS, TO THE ACTIVE ONLINE LYME COMMUNITY WORLDWIDE, TO DR. REAGAN, DR. WOLD AND V. HICKEY FOR THEIR HELP AND MEDICAL GUIDANCE AND TO MY BABY BROTHER - MY BEST FRIEND AND AN INSPIRATION TO ME ALWAYS. 



AM THANKFUL FOR FRIENDS FROM AFAR, PETS AND PLANTS, AND FRESH PRODUCE! I AM THANKFUL FOR SUNSHINE AFTER YESTERDAY'S RAIN AND FOR ANTIQUE FURNITURE, AND ORGANIC FOOD AND RIFF RAFF RULES. I AM THANKFUL TODAY FOR LIFE. LET US ALL GIVE THANKS TODAY FOR WHAT WE HAVE AND BE BE GENTLE WITH OURSELVES. PERFECTION IS MYTH - DON'T BOTHER. PERSEVERANCE AND PANACHE - WELL THEY WILL GET YOU SOMEWHERE FOR SURE. AT 4PM I WILL TOAST YOU ALL & TO BETWEEN HEALTH AND WEALTH AVENUES. JOIN ME - AT LEAST IN SPIRIT MY FRIENDS. HERE'S TO GRATITUDE, ATTITUDE AND LIVING TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY IN A BETTER WAY. PEACE!!!



 I AM MOSTLY GRATEFUL FOR THE IMMENSE PROGRESS I HAVE MADE THIS YEAR AND TO GOD FOR GUIDING ME HERE! AND FOR THOSE WHO ARE WHERE I WAS A YEAR AGO, 5 YEARS AGO, 11 YEARS AGO I SAY KEEP FIGHTING. 

PEACE FRIENDS, AUDREY






BE FIERCE AND FEISTY AND NEVER GIVE UP. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT NEXT YEAR HOLDS. I AM LIVING PROOF. STAY POSITIVE, EAT MINDFULLY, FORGIVE YOURSELF AND OTHERS & ENJOY THE DAY. HAVE A HAPPY & HEALTHY HOLIDAY. 





Holiday baking heals the heart and feeds the soul






Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts. - Fannie Farmer
































No comments: