February 24, 2014

A BLESSON?



I found this image online and I love it - a blesson!!!! Just to add my own 2 cents to it I am going to call my Lyme a Blursoning (A blessing, a curse and a lesson in Lyme) even though Blesson sounds better!

Well friends if there's one thing we can all agree on it's that having a chronic illness is painful - on many levels. It's a pain in the neck, head, back, knee, foot... it's a pain in the ass even! Do we roll over and bury our head in our hands and moan and groan and wallow - well sometimes YES! Somedays that's exactly what happens but then what - do we go back to bed and do the same struggle tomorrow without ever learning a thing? Let's hope not. My goal this year is to learn as much as possible not just about my disease but about how to cope with it. It's that second part that had been missing from my life for years.

We can learn a lot from the Internet, facebook pages, support groups and friends. When we reach out and connect with other survivors we not only help heal our hurts but we realize we aren't alone... far from it. That matters so much! The best thing is you never know who is going to offer you the wisdom you need - some gem of advice or information that could change your life. Each and every day is an opportunity to learn - but that doesn't mean you should limit yourself to traditional methods of scholarship. Start small - reach out to someone who seems to be struggling and offer them a kind word. Then say "this is what I'm struggling with myself today... any words of wisdom". If nothing else you will get support and that makes all the difference. That in itself is a blessing! A blessing and a lesson in disguise. Or a lesson and a blessing in disguise! It's both. Nobody can fix your disease but you have the power to fix your mindset. 




You have the power to fight. So do it!!!





 Join us and fight on my friends. You'll feel better the moment you stop wallowing. Stand up for yourself - stand up for a better today and better tomorrow and fight!! You got this. I'm here for you and hope you are here for me too. You've already made it this far. Remember how many rounds you've fought and you're still standing - that makes you a champion - and don't you forget it.


































Remember to make good choices, hold your head high and always be thankful for what you do have - as painful as this life is you are blessed to be here living it and we are blessed by your presence. Don't give up - you are a gift to us all. Thank you for being here. Thank you for fighting and giving me strength to do the same. 




I wish a happy, healthy and hopeful day. Y'all come back now ya hear? 
Much peace, Audrey

Be sure to visit our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/akorteshares/ 

No comments: