April 07, 2014

A mighty tree! Once upon a time there was a mighty tree. She could weather any storm...

A mighty tree! Once upon a time there was a mighty tree. She could weather any storm. In fact it sometimes seemed like storms sought this tree out in order to test her strength. The tree still stood though. On a sunny day those who passed by and took refuge in the shade of this tree would never know how the tree had battled against wind and rain and even disease in the previous days and weeks. No. Those who sought solace in the shade were just grateful for such a beautiful and peaceful place to take a load off. They didn't think about how strong the tree must be, or how lonely it was to be so strong. They appreciated the tree for it's beauty and for it's wide trunk that was perfect for leaning against on a hot and difficult day....



What kind of tree are you? Are you strong? Do you know how deep your roots go? Do you weather any and every storm with grace and dignity? If so I welcome you to forest of fighters! Together we will get through any difficulties and diseases. We will stand tall and proud. Our beauty will come from our natural and God given strength. We will support each other and no storm will take us down - not if lean on each other.




If you are new to our little forest don't fret - you can learn a lot from the older and wiser trees here. I am still young myself - but I have weather some serious storms - fire and wind and rain.... there were many times when I didn't know if I would survive but I did! And I invite you into these woods to seek shelter, and grow strong. Together we can outlast the storms - together we will survive and flourish. Together we will stand tall and no gust of wind can take us down. Together we will provide comfort and counsel to saplings and seeds. We can do all things together.


“I'm planting a tree to teach me to gather strength from my deepest roots.” 
 Andrea Koehle Jones, The Wish Trees

SO my friends I encourage you to do some homework today - #1 figure out what kind of tree you want to be and become it! What are your strengths and weaknesses? What helps you find beauty in the mundane? What are your unique characteristics? I keep telling my family and friends that when I die (hopefully not anytime soon) I want to be turned into a tree - I recently decided that I'd like to be a mighty chestnut tree - that way if anyone tries to mess with me I can peg them with chestnuts! LOL I'm totally serious though - there is a great deal to be learned from the natural world. Trees have survived thus far so they must be doing something right! We don't need to look any further then nature for inspiration, strength and example of how to live with dignity. I'd also like to encourage you to spend some time amongst the trees to reflect on their majesty and beauty and strength. Your roots will thank you. The next time someone seeks solace and comfort in your shade be grateful you can provide it and rejoice that you've made it this far.That is true strength! 

I wish you a happy, healthy, and hopeful day dear friends. Peace, Audrey





Websites

JUICE PLUS+: http://akortesharesjuiceplus.com

TOWER GARDEN:
http://akorteshares.towergarden.com

BETWEEN HEALTH & WEALTH AVE'S FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/akorteshares/

PINTEREST: http://www.pinterest.com/audgenius/

GOOGLE: akorteshares@gmail.com

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/akorteshares

No comments: