March 24, 2014

Leadership positions to be filled! Applications available at BETWEEN HEALTH & WEALTH AVENUES



"A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus." - Martin Luther King, Jr.


I didn't sign up for this! Is that what you say somedays? I do. I didn't ask for this. I didn't ask for the disease, the pain, the suffering, the embarassment, the lonliness, the hospitalizations, the testing, the medications or their lovely side effects - I didn't ask for it & I don't want it. INSERT TEMPER TANTRUM HERE!



Feel better? nope? Me neither. Let me tell one thing I have learned when it comes to the shitty side of sickness - none of us asked for it. Even if we had would we deserve it? Even if we had done it to ourselves would that make our experience alright somehow? No. Now take all that anger, sadness, despair, frustration and figure out what the hell you're going to do now. The truth of the matter is that you're in this like it or not. So YOU do have a huge decision ahead of you now. Are you comfortable taking a seat in the back when this is your life? I finally decided I am definitely not going quietly into the night. That makes me a leader. How else am I a leader - I educate and inform people about TBD's and neurological Lyme daily. I use social media both to poke at myself, and the ugliness of illness and to inspire others, myself included. I reach to others when I sense they need a hand - even if my hands are full!  I say thank you a lot more now. I have stopped saying please when it comes to my health. It's my body, my brain, my life - I don't need to beg. It's time to demand! I make my voice heard through my writing. I make my voice heard literally - ask anyone who has ever spoken to me... I'm loud & proud. I am a leader. I am not THE leader. I am not YOUR leader. I am one of many. So are you if you choose to be.

http://www.prague-life.com/prague/velvet-revolution

 You can lead from a hospital bed. You can lead from an office cubicle. You can lead from off the grid. You can lead from the Trump Towers. And guess what the world needs you to. I need you to. Revolution and change don't quietly or easily. Good thing I'm used to things being hard & have never flinched from the sound of  my own voice. I'm a leader! Are you?




When the best leader's work is done the people say, 'We did it ourselves.'

As always have a happy, healthy and hopeful day. Y'all come back now ya hear? 


PEACE, Audrey Elizabeth Korte

No comments: